wAYS TO GET INVOLVED
Share yourself and Make a Difference!
Rewards of Working as a Volunteer
Volunteering doesn’t cost you a dime, and it is the “in” thing to do these days. More volunteers than ever, in all age groups and from all backgrounds, are finding their way to causes that inspire them.
Types of Opportunities:
- Individual Volunteering – Once you make a commitment to working as a volunteer, you will likely find that the rewards you enjoy as a result of your participation are much greater than what you give up by sharing your time. There’s no better time than the present to team up with Mother and Child Charity and donate your time to help others. The sooner you get started, the faster your efforts can begin to make a difference.
- Group Volunteering – Experience a rewarding opportunity as a group! Get your family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, or fellow members of civic organization and start a great team building experience today.
- Community Service Volunteering – Do you need community service hours for your high school, college, or civic organization? We can help with that! We are always looking for interesting individuals who can provide a few hours of community service. Come join us and get started on a rewarding volunteer experience and make a difference.
Benefits of Volunteer Work
Working as a volunteer can be a very rewarding experience in a number of ways. There are many reasons to consider sharing your time and talents with individuals that are in need of assistance. Some of the most common reasons that people decide to do volunteer work include:
- Helping people who are less fortunate than they are
- Providing assistance to those who cannot help themselves
- Supporting a good cause
- Gaining valuable skills and experience
- Enjoying an opportunity to work with like-minded people
- Repaying assistance received in the past
- Raising money for a worthy cause
- Showing support for a particular group, individual, or cause
- Making a difference in the world
- Many other reasons
Ways to Give your time:
- Hands-on service – Pick up donations, Prepare and deliver to agencies
- Assist at Fundraisings / Events
- Solicit Sponsors
- Mentor program
- Share your talent
- Assist individual with career development (preparing resume, provide mock interviews, completing job or college application)
- Tutor Program
give to educate
Benefits of SBV:
There are many benefits to donating your Skills-Based Volunteering [SBV] to the Mother and Child Charity. Here are just a few of the ways that your SBV makes an impact:
In General and even if you are Retired:
Giving back to the Community! With [SBV] you can have a positive impact in the community by doing the things you do best. Mother and Child Charity wants to work together with skill-based volunteers to further our humanitarian service in the Central Florida Community. Donate by Sharing your expertise to educate or help the ones in need. Make your [SBV] with Mother and Child Charity as a way to practice (to donate) your most specialized skills.
As a Student or a Young professional:
You’ll hone your skills and gain experience! If you are a young professional or a college student. While donating your skills to Mother and Child Charity, you’ll gain invaluable experience in your field of expertise. Most of the top employers are more likely to hire a candidate with volunteer experience. After all volunteers learn skills that they could later apply in their work. Furthermore, Volunteering can continue to improve career skills, even after you’ve been hired. Working for Mother and Child Charity will allow you to practice your talents while gaining professional experience, helping your community, and making an impact in your field.
For the Professional skilled:
You will have the opportunity to network! Volunteering is a great way to expand your networking circle and sharpening your skills. When you volunteer, you’ll come into contact with other individuals who are like-minded and support the same causes you do. Volunteering can provide a fantastic setting to cultivate professional contacts.
Share your skill-based volunteering and make a difference today!
We are always looking for specialized skilled individuals to partner with us and together give back to the community.
Please complete the form below to get started.
Guidelines for volunteers
- Due to the unique nature of volunteer placements, we are unable to accept court mandated volunteers.
- Must submit a complete application, complete a background check, attend a Volunteer Meet & Greet and training session provided by MACC.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Each individual, age 16 and up, will be checked against the National Sex Offender Public Registry. No one who is a registered sex offender or who has been convicted of a crime against children will be allowed to volunteer.
Completing the application does not guarantee your volunteer placement at MACC. Please allow for up to ten business days for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed and approved, a MACC staff member will contact you with an invitation to the next Meet and Greet.
Signing up for group volunteering: At least one member of the group will act as a representative and primary contact for the entire group and complete the online Group Volunteer Application. As the representative, the person who completes the application will be required to indicate agreement to MACC policies, rules, code of conduct, releases and guidelines for all members of the group.